ADHEARING TO DESIGN AND ENGINEERING PRACTICE OF PROCESS SAFETY
At the end of 2018 the SPD services were requested to develop clear cut plan on Line of Defense 1 and comply with it leaning on best design and engineering practices of process safety in the industry.
The subsurface team conducted expert assessment of compliance with Shell DEP Health Check with help of DEP Coordinator Vilgelm Colkman. The department received a high appraisal of the expert and showed its commitment to safety to the full extent both process and personal safety.
Upon the departure of expert, the subsurface team put together the structural activity plan including variety of actions to enhance the safety skills of engineering and management staff like HSSE and DEP training, knowledge assessment and training the technical experts in different areas.
The specific attention was paid by Geology and Development Department to the following matters:
1. Prediction of formation pressure, fracturing gradient and well bore sustainability
2. Prediction of formation top, crossover of fractures and fluid filling
3. Preparing and keeping data in case of emergency at wells
4. Estimation of subsurface risks in survey, assessment and field operations
5. Development of logging program
6. Ground compaction and subsidence predictions
7. Prediction of H2S content
8. Assessment of mechanical impurity carry over from well bore
9. Designing and planning of subsurface survey
10. Well stimulation
11.Estimation of overlying strata integrity during field development
lead reservoir engineer
lead production technologist
deputy chief geologist
project manager of exploration and